5th Annual Jack'n'Jill Randonee Race
This year, we will host the 5th annual Jack’n’Jill Randonee Race on Saturday, March 4. We will have three races: a Pro course with over 5,000’ of climbing, a Recreation course ringing in 2,300' of vert, and the No-Name Scramble, a fun-for-all course with 900’ of climbing. Also, we have a PRO TEAM division -- find two other willing skimo companions, and each of you do one leg of the Pro Course!!! We have already locked in some major sponsors as well as planned a great after party. We have have over $3000 in cash/gift prizes, and we give out awards in Men's, Women's, an Youth categories. You don’t want to miss it!
What is Randonee? Randonee, also known as Alpine Touring, refers to a type of skiing in which you ascend the mountain using your own power with the aid of special bindings and “skins”, a Velcro like material that sticks to the snow. A Randonee Race involves “skinning” up a set track and then racing down a designated course. The winner is the person who completes the course in the least amount of time.
Jack 'N' Jill Randonee Races
- Pro Course: SOLO -- $70 pre-registration; $90 day-of-race registration. TEAM (3 people) -- $90 pre-registration; $120 day-of-race registration. Entry fee includes an all day lift ticket, t-shirt, and pint glass. 5000 ft vertical. Contestants must have helmets, skins, avalanche transceivers, shovels, and probes because the race course goes above the double chair lift. Also, in the bootpack sections, skis must be attached to backpack at two points. Prizes awarded in Men's, Women's,Youth, Team, and Splitboard Categories.
- Recreation Course: $50 pre-registration; $70 day-of-race registration. Entry fee includes an all day lift ticket, t-shirt, and pint glass. 2300 ft vertical. Contestants must have helmets, skins, avalanche transceivers, shovels, and probes because the race course goes above the double chair lift. Also, in the bootpack sections, skis must be attached to backpack at two points. Prizes awarded in Men's, Women's, Youth, and Splitboard Categories.
- No-Name Scramble: $25 registration (may register any time). Entry fee includes race T-shirt. 900 ft vertical. Contestants can use any method (besides riding the chairlifts) they choose to get up the set track (including hiking, snow showing or skinning).Prizes awarded in Men's, Women's, and Youth Categories.
Download Jack'n'Jill Registration Form below:
Schedule of events
- The Jack ‘N’ Jill Rando Race starts at 9 AM. All participants must be registered and present by 8:30 AM for course orientation. Participants must use skins on the designated uphill routes, and helmets, transceivers and avalanche gear are mandatory. Total elevation gain in Pro Division is 5000 feet and in Rec Division is 2300 feet. Prizes awarded in Men’s, Women’s, Youth, Team and Splitboard categories.
- The No-Name Scramble (in-bounds uphill/downhill race) starts at 1:30 PM. All participants must be registered by 1 PM. Transceivers and avalanche gear are not mandatory. Total elevation gain is 900 feet. Prizes awarded in Men’s, Women’s,Youth, and Splitboard categories.
- Awards for races at 3:45 PM in lodge.
- The Front will be serving beer on porch all day long!
- Merriment + live music by the Gallatin Grass Project during and after the races.